Monday, October 5, 2009

Splash At Kundalika River Rafting

Hi friends I am back with my new post. Recently I been to place called Kholad which is on Mumbai-Goa Highway (NH-17). As usual this was trip with Jungle Lore (www.junglelore.net) and should really thank this guys especially Kaustubh. He called me day before the trip to let me know there is vacant place for 1 guy and would I like to join. I insteadly got ready. The trip began on Saturday afternoon as Kholad is 4 hr drive from Mumbai and since the River Rafting starts early in the morning. We stayed at this place called Pooja Farms. It’s located in interiors of Kholad. Pooja Farms is an awesome place to stay and one of a kind experience. They have these cottages called Aqua Cottage. Now let me explanations you what are Aqua Cottages. These cottages have been lifted above Lake 10 ft away from land. You have to cross very small bridge to get in your cottage. The cottages are mostly made from woods. You can hear the water below the cottage and also can see fishes below it if you put some food to eat.

The real show was in the morning. Since we had reached in night we couldn't figure out what’s around us. So when I woke up in the morning to click some snaps I was mesmerized by the scene I had in front of me. It was truly breathtaking. There was huge lake surrounded around the cottage and cloud covered mountains in background. You can see it in my snapshots in the post.

Now it was time for Rafting. The Rafting site is around 25-30 mins from Pooja Farms. So after having our breakfast we left for the place. We spend some time there before the Rafting starts. Before we gear up with our rafting equipments and get in raft and hit the river we were given some safety instructions. We got in the raft in some time hit the water. Before we go for the wild river, we practiced for some time. The thrill you get from River Rafting is one of its kinds. The water splashing on you when you are passing through rapids is mind blowing. There is name for each one of the rapids, like water pump, crownest, jonny walker etc. Ones rapids where over we jumped into the water for body surfing. I don't know how deep the river was. But surely my feet weren't touching any ground as we had worn life jacket. After body surfing for some time we got into the raft and paddled it to the end point.

After the rafting session we head back to Pooja Farm where we had our lunch then some rest and I took some snapshots. We returned back to Mumbai at night around 8:30pm with some wild memories of river, rafts, rapids, body surfing and not to forget the view at Pooja Farms.

That’s it for this time; I would soon come up with some new and exciting adventures of mine. Till then Ciao...



No comments: